A reminder of the rules regarding entering scores. If you have entered the competition you must enter a score into the PSI terminal in the lounge and also put the signed scorecard into the Scorecard box. If you have NR’d, enter your scores on the completed holes and NR those holes you did not complete. This way the CSS is correctly calculated and handicaps will be adjusted appropriately. Failure to enter a score will result in disqualification and persistent offenders may be suspended from future competitions.
In order for golfers of varying abilities to compete on a level playing field, each golfer should possess a handicap reflective of their current playing ability. The more handicap-counting rounds an individual completes each year, the more representative his or her handicap will be. However, for a variety of reasons some members are unable to play sufficient competitive rounds for their handicap to fully reflect their standard of play, Supplementary Scores provides a way to address this.
Supplementary Scores must comply with the following conditions.
- A Supplementary Score may be returned at any Affiliated Club of which the player is a Member.
- An acceptable score for Supplementary Score purposes is any authenticated score played over an 18-hole Measured Course in either Stroke Play or Stableford format, Stroke play scores will be subject to net double bogey adjustment.
- Any number of Supplementary Scores may be returned annually by players in Categories 2 to 6 and there is no limit to the number of Supplementary Scores returned in a week.
- A player intending to return a Supplementary Score is required to signify his intention prior to commencement of play.
Procedure for entering a supplementary score.
- Enter your intention to play a supplementary score round either in the Pro’s shop or on the PSI terminal in the lounge, play can be from any set of tees.
- Ensure the scorecard is marked up as a supplementary score and has your name and date on it, also tick the ‘tees played’ box.
- Enter the score as a ‘Supplementary Score’ in the PSI terminal in the lounge.
- Ensure the card is signed by yourself and the marker (who must be a member with an active handicap) and put it in the scorecard box underneath the PSI terminal.