Many apologies to our members but we are constantly reviewing the advice we offer regarding the playing of golf and use of the Clubhouse at Stocksfield Golf Club. We do wish people to continue to enjoy the game of golf and to take advantage of the fresh air and exercise it provides but we are very much aware of measures we need to take in the situation we have at present. Currently we have had no actual or suspected cases of COVID-19 of members of the Club. If this situation changes we will act quickly to protect Members, Visitors and Staff. Should anyone receive a confirmed diagnosis we would appreciate it if you could let us know. In line with the advice we currently have we would ask that you take the following steps:-
- Please do not come to the Club if you have a persistent new cough or a fever.
- Please do not come to the Club if you live with or have come into contact with anyone who is showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water on entering the Club and before eating and drinking.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes. Please bin the tissues after use.
On the Course
- For a temporary period of time all Club Competitions will be cancelled (or postponed as appropriate). This is to avoid the possible problems associated with competition entry, entering of scores and scorecard handling.
- Insist on social distancing (2 metre rule) on tee grounds and throughout the round.
- Always leave the flag in the hole. Golfers are asked to carefully remove their own ball from the hole BUT NOT WITH A GOLF CLUB.
- Rakes have been removed from bunkers and therefore all bunkers should be considered as Ground Under Repair.
- Drinking Fountains and ball cleaners must not be used.
- The pressure hose for cleaning shoes etc after a round of golf has been put out of commission.
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up.
- Do not share equipment such as golf clubs and range finders.
- Don’t shake hands before or after the game (try bumping elbows).
After the game
- The Clubhouse remains open at present but guidelines and demand will determine availability.
- It is important that you wash your hands thoroughly before going to get a drink or have something to eat. Hand sanitisers are also available within the bar area.
- The food available is limited to snacks and sandwiches thus avoiding waste and disposable plates, cups and utensils are in use.
- Bar staff have been vigilant in ensuring that beer pumps, door handles and hard surfaces etc., are sanitised regularly.
- Where possible please pay by contactless method.
Professional’s Shop and Swing Room
- The Professional’s shop will remain open for business as normal until such time that Nicky’s personal circumstances change.
- The Swing Room will remain open.
- Those using the room should use their own golf balls.
- Anti-bacterial wipes have been placed in the room to clean the screen etc. PLEASE follow the instructions which are on display in the room as every effort is made to help protect you.
YOUR PATIENCE UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORT AT THIS DIFFICULT TIME IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED