- The Year end 2022 accounts are almost finalised and the surplus at the year is predicted to be close to budget thanks to further grant aid and tighter fiscal control.
- Unfortunately membership numbers at the start of the financial year have dropped with many of the new members from last year deciding not to renew. The 3 month membership advert will be extended and further recruitment activities are planned.
- The Green fee for Midweek members to play in weekend competitions has been reduced from £15 to £10. Please note this must be paid in the shop prior to play and it does not include the competition entry.
- The start of the new season saw the introduction of new flags, flag poles and hole cups on the greens and now that we are getting some growth the Course is looking good.
- The trees in the copse between the 16th & 17th holes have been trimmed making a loose tee shot less punishing, this strategy is also planned for other copses on the 12th & 13th holes.
- Work is ongoing with the bunker on the 3rd and this should be back in play before the Club Championship weekend.
Don't forget the Platinum Jubilee celebration is this Friday 3rd June and a limited number of tickets are still available. Activities start at 4pm and the buffet will be available from 6pm onwards. The unveiling of the plaque and raffle draw will be at 7pm with the entertainment starting at 7:30 pm.
Dates for your diary:
The County are encouraging club members to register for Golf Genius to keep in touch with the varied competitions they run. More information can be found by clicking here.
Following member feedback it has been decided to increase the Sweep entry from £1 to £1.50 in order to boost the Competition winnings, this increase will take effect from June 11th.
Saturdays trophy winners
- Congratulation to Steve Relph on winning the April Tankard and to Scott McDonald on winning the Captains Cup both with net 65.
- Gary Bridgewater won the May tankard with net 64 and Gary, Martyn Henderson & Ben Lee qualify for the Pro-Am.
- The 'Trail Trophy' qualifiers were Andrew Nichol and Alan Lamb, they go on to the KO stages.
- Mark Lawton beat Jeff Douglass on the back 9 to win the Ridley Cup. For more results click here.
Mixed Golf results
- It’s been a busy month for mixed golf at Stocksfield, the season kicked off with the Hunter Trophies on 8 May and the winners were Alison and Simon Martin (below right) with a net 59! Not only was this their first mixed competition at Stocksfield but also Bill Martin and his playing partner Liz Hartley were the previous years winners. The turnout was great with 10 pairings. Runners up were Jo Blackburn and Steve Cram with a net 69.
- The Nora Hogg Tankards on 20 May was a smaller affair and was won by Sue Brown and Gary Stokoe with net 74.
- And finally, The Kennedy Bowl (Mixed Open) was played on Sunday 29 May and the winners were Anthea and Bert Garrow (below left) with a fantastic net 65, closely followed by Jo Blackburn and Rob Turley (Prudhoe) and Jen Langrish and Trevor Liddle both with net 66. For results click here and scroll down to the Opens.
- The Hadrian League continue their fine start and are currently lying 2nd in the league. Click for more info.
- The Ladies first team started their campaign at home against Arcot losing 2.5-4.5 in Div 2. The second team had another good win and are lying top of Div 7. Click for more info. The evening league team continue their winning run and are lying top of Group 1 Click for more info.
- The Seniors continue their excellent start to the League with another 12-0 win at home to Arcot . Click for more info.
- The Rabbits had a good result at Prudhoe to go top of the group the latest position can be viewed here.
- The National Inter Clubs Mixed Team Championships is composed of 5 mixed pairs playing Greensome matchplay. In the first match against City of Newcastle (B) we won 4-1, next match is away to City of Newcastle (A) in June.
Senior Section News
Stocksfield won the first leg of the 'Bill Martin memorial trophy' 8-2 at home. This is a seniors friendly match against Bellingham played at home and away, lets hope we can hold the advantage when we play at Bellingham. The teams can be seen below.
The first Seniors Open saw 21 teams compete in a 4 man Scramble with 2 home teams tying for 1st place. For results click here and scroll down to the Opens.
In the first trophy competition Dennis Noble won the Tony Flannery trophy and the 8 qualifiers are shown below.